Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Spy with My Little Eye



Shhhh....don't tell my kiddos that I'm making them both ISpy quilts! Collecting the various fabrics (120 or so - yikes!) was so much fun. Because I decided to make 4 inch blocks, I only needed to purchase 1/8 yards of each print with a few random 1/4 yards thrown in for good measure.

Most squares were fussy cut to get just the right motif into each block. That is A LOT of individual square cutting! I went ahead and cut two of each print so that in addition to I Spy, the kiddos can play Find the Match. In my fantasy life I anticipate hours of fun and delicious quiet but I'm sure reality will be different ("What? Another quilt? I already have one.") Still, it's been fun so far and I'm really looking forward to getting started on the sewing portion.

Both quilts will be constructed a little bit differently - one is all 4 inch blocks and the other is a combo of 4 inch blocks and 2 inch blocks. Think I'll start with the all 4 inchers first. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. What fun collecting all those Eye Spy fabrics. I have never done one but look forward to one in the future.Kids seem to enjoy them so much...adults too.lol
    I look forward to seeing the end result.
    Sadia102

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!