Monday, July 26, 2010

Hexagon madness!

Here are the hexies I made for the Handsome Hexies swap over on flickr. It's all Amy Butler from the Midwest Modern collection. I loved making these and am always a little bit surprised at how much more I like certain fabrics when I only see a tiny amount at once. It's almost like looking at the fabric through a microscope.

And here they are all stacked and ready to go in their little drawstring pouch.

And on a completely unrelated note: I had some help in the kitchen making a blackberry/blueberry crisp.

Excited, are we? We picked the blackberries around our house and the blueberries on Sauvie Island.

I made the aprons from bandanas and some black twill tape. Bailey chose pink ric rack trim for hers (sweet) and Owen chose a pretty awesome black and purple zebra trim for his. You can just barely see it around the waist.

Now I'm off to start on more hexagons for the PMQG hexie swap!

2 comments:

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!