Thursday, February 17, 2011

February Bee Block


I suppose it was only a matter of time...

My very first dresden. It's a little bit of a fussy block but not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Heather asked for blocks made using this tutorial from Elizabeth at Oh, Frannson. It's a nice large block (16.5") so the pieces don't get too fiddly.


And I really do like how it shows off the various bits of vintage goodness. Because the block is so large I'm contemplating making one to finish into a pillow, maybe with some sweet little Japanese prints. Hmmm????


5 comments:

  1. I am just about to do my first dresden, this is so inspiring- works just great with vintage prints Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs,
    I love your Dresden Plate block so hard I linked to it here, http://quilting.craftgossip.com/?p=7388.

    Love your choice of fabrics.

    Warmly,
    Scarlett Burroughs
    Quilting Editor, Craft Gossip

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks beautiful! I am finishing mine up too- and thinking about pillows also! I always thought these were going to be so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! this will be such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!