Saturday, July 2, 2011

Finished!

Managed to get the Hope Valley hexagon project finished up a couple of days ago. The quilting went really quickly and binding it was a snap. It's been awhile since I've done something smaller like this.


The back is an older Amy Butler print (Martini in mustard) and I was pleased with how well it coordinates with the Hope Valley stripe.


Originally, I was planning to make a bag with the hexagon panel but I liked it all laid out so much that I changed my mind and made a table runner. After finishing it, though, I put it on top of a cabinet we have in our dining area and it's like it was MADE to go right there. I probably couldn't have made it fit so perfectly if I had tried. And let's face facts - it's much less likely to get all crusty with kid/food debris than if it was on the table.


This was a really fun project to work on while we had company and I couldn't really get to my machine. So much so that I want to find another hand sewing project for the rest of the summer! Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Consider yourself pinned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that came out so lovely! And it really does look well suited for that spot, idyllic actually.

    I think you still might want a hexibag? That would continue your handwork...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! I'm a novice sewer. Could you give some suggestions or directions on how to do something like this? How do you sew that diamond pattern in such straight lines? I go all over the place when I sew.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!