Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Memories

I know I've been doing a lot of "family" vs. "crafty" posts but what can I say? It's summer!

My husband and I recently celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary. Our wedding was relatively small with about 50 guests and we did pretty much everything ourselves. The ceremony was held at my church and the reception was at our house. We kept things very simple.

For our honeymoon we spent a week traveling around Oregon, spending time along the coast, Crater Lake, and the Columbia Gorge. It was a wonderful trip that we both often remember as our best ever.


Each year since, we've taken a trip to the coast for our anniversary and this year was no exception. The trip is quite different with a 3-year old and 5-year old sharing the car ride, meals, and hotel room! But we love it and the kids have a blast.

Along with all of the memories of our honeymoon and life BC (before children), we enjoy making new memories with our young family. This year we tackled the sand dunes at Cape Kiwanda.

It. Was. Awesome!

I'm not sure how we ALL made it to the top, but we did. There were loads of kids but not many as little as ours - I was a proud mama!

We had a lovely trip, ate some great seafood, got really sunburned, and generally had a fantastic time.

And yes, there will be more crafting. Promise!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I want to try the dunes some day - I'm glad to hear your kids handled it well. Mine is 5, but a little on the wimpy side when it comes to walking/hiking. So maybe she's almost ready to give it a try. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I am going to cape Kiwanda next weekend, wondering if we could get Tuesday up that hill.... maybe on our backs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!