Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bear with me

I'm trying to get back into the swing of regular blogging but it's been challenging!

These two keep me all kinds of busy, but at least we've been doing some creative activities like paint your own pottery!


B chose a unicorn and O chose a dragon. They've been fired and now happily reside in their rooms amongst all their other treasures.

I've also had another opportunity to help out at B's preschool. Remember these bouncy toys? Hippity hops? Pretty fun when you're four.


And just to prove that I haven't been totally lazy on the crafting front - I made a sock!


And it went so well I went ahead and made another one!

There are loads of mistakes and I experimented some with tension to see what worked well but I'm a little impressed with myself. I had never used double pointed needles before and socks always seemed sort of impossible. But I am here to tell you that you CAN do it!

And last but not least.... I was thrilled to find a copy of Suzuko Koseki's latest book at a local bookstore. It's a feast for the eyes and you will surely see some projects inspired by her lovely creations as things settle down a bit and I can spend more time in my sewing space.


I hope you're having a wonderful start to 2012! What are you working on?


3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the socks. I'm taking a two-day class at Happy Knits to learn some techniques on how to do them with less, well, wine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! You made socks!! I'm extremely impressed! Way to go... Nice work on the pottery too. Those are some lucky, cute kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!