Monday, March 12, 2012

Girly girl

My daughter is four years old and has a bigger wardrobe than I do.

I suppose part of it is because I keep making her dresses.

In my defense, she apparently won't stop growing so new clothes are a necessity.


This is a very simple jumper but I made a few adjustments along the way. Most notably, I changed the way the pattern did the interfacing so that I didn't need to add bias trim around the arm-holes.


And I love that I had this button just waiting to be used! It's so sweet! And I also really like the button loop closure - so simple and easy to get the placement right.

Then there's this little number:


I didn't have enough of any one fabric to make the dress so I just used what I did have and mixed it up a bit. I even needed to add the red at the bottom to get the length right. But you know what? I really like it! I like that it uses more than one print and I really love the red at the hem.

Best of all - it's a great twirly dress so Bailey is in seventh heaven!

There are a couple more dresses and skirts just waiting to be sewn up and hopefully, Bailey will be properly clothed for a few months until she outgrows everything again.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, do you have links to the patterns? Or the numbers? I've been looking for some really simple ones to make Tuesday that she could layer a bit and these look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Wow, you've been busy, love these. Lucky little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used several different fabrics to make the cute dress for Bailey! The red hem is such a nice addition! Such a lucky girl to have mom who can sew dresses for her as she grows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks so cute love these dresses. Great post keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! im thingking to make one too for my little girl

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!