Thursday, November 1, 2012

Who knew?

Anybody still here? Who knew that getting sidelined by a cold over a month ago would turn into complete blog abandonment?

Well, I'm back! Before I get into the sewing and crafting I've been up to, I thought I'd share this year's Halloween costumes.


Miss B decided she wanted to be Snow White - again. Owen kept trying to tell her, "Mommy will make a NEW costume. You can be something else." But no go. She is a girl who knows what she wants and can be stubbornly persistent.


This year we added a white ruffled petticoat to her ensemble. It added a little bit to the length of the dress, which we needed since she last wore this when she was three (and yes, it was HUGE on her then). I should add that I did not make the dress, though it is handmade. Somehow we got super lucky and found it at a thrift store for a whopping seven bucks. Can you believe it? It's so beautifully crafted I'm guessing it was made for a children's theater production.

Next up - storm trooper! Owen is heavily invested in all things Star Wars. We found this great tutorial for how to make your own storm trooper helmet, which we didn't follow exactly but it helped us to figure out some basic helmet construction.


The rest of his costume was just black sweatpants and a white sweatshirt with the armor drawn on with sharpie. Simple and it kept him warm while trick-or-treating.

Looking forward to spending some more time here. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. You've been missed. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh god looks like person on moon or some sort of techno geek :p

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!